Date(s) - 04/03/2018
6:00 am - 9:00 am
Today Show Plaza
A team of sarc warriors will be out on the Today Plaza on April 3rd & Good Morning America on April 4th to bring national awareness to SARCOIDOSIS! In past years, we met Al Roker, Hota Kotb, and were spotted on TV by several patients who previously thought they were alone in their suffering. Bring your loved ones, wear purple, and help us #PaintThePlazaPurple! Afterwards the group will be heading to Times Square to take a group photo with the #SarcoidStories billboard at 9:30 am!
To maximize our visibility and impact:
- RSVP to the Today Show, sharing a bit of your story and why awareness is so important. Include a link to our website for more information: http://visit.today.com/
- Communicate our visit, your story, and what awareness for this devastating disease would mean to our community to the hosts via social media – ask them to wear purple!
Today Show – @TODAYShow on Twitter and on Facebook
Today Plaza – @TODAYplaza on Twitter
Hoda Kotb – @HodaKotb on Twitter and on Facebook
Al Roker – @AlRoker on Twitter and on Facebook
Megyn Kelly – @MegynTODAY on Twitter and on Facebook
Savannah Guthrie – @SavannahGuthrie on Twitter and on Facebook
Carson Daly – @CarsonDaly on Twitter and on Facebook
- Wear purple and make signs to hold in the plaza to raise awareness for sarcoidosis
- Email your story and the dates we’ll be at the show to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Encourage friends and family members to watch the show LIVE on April 3rd – share photos and videos of any live footage on social media using #PaintThePlazaPurple and #SarcoidStories!
Join the Facebook event for updates and to coordinate with others who will be in attendance!
Can’t make it in person? Tune into NBC on April 3rd at 7:00 am EST. Take photos and videos of any live footage and help us make noise on social media using #PaintThePlazaPurple and #SarcoidStories.