“We are so grateful for the businesses, legislators, and property managers who are providing their platforms to increase public awareness of sarcoidosis. While there is progress in research, sarcoidosis remains a disease with no known cause, limited treatment options, and no cure. This support for sarcoidosis is invaluable to the patients and their loved ones.”
Ginger Spitzer, Executive Director
Foundation for Sarcoidosis Research
Over 87 buildings, landmarks, and businesses across the US and Canada will be lit purple on Saturday, April 13th and surrounding days to raise awareness about sarcoidosis, a rare disease with no known cause or cure that affects an estimated 1.2 million people worldwide.
The initiative’s first lighting partners, the Durst Organization and One World Trade Center in New York City, inspired an international movement in which volunteers, including patients, invited lighting partners to also shine a light on sarcoidosis. In this inaugural year of the Illuminate the Night initiative, One World Trade Center and the skylines of at least 33 US states and 2 countries will be lit purple throughout April alongside many other activities within Sarcoidosis Awareness Month.
Thank you to our inaugural lighting partners:
- Regions Field, Home of the Birmingham Barons– Birmingham
- Vue Rooftop – Iowa City
- Flint Hills Discovery Center – Manhattan
- Helix Garage on Main – Lexington
- Civic Center – Lake Charles
- McKay Tower – Grand Rapids
- City Hall – Las Vegas
- New Hampshire
- Memorial Bridge – Portsmouth
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- North Dakota State Capitol Building – Bismarck
- South Dakota
- Science Museum of Virginia – (April 14) Richmond
- Columbia Center – Seattle
- Mitchell Park Horticulture Conservatory Domes – Milwaukee
- Buffalo Bill National Monument – Cody
- Chamber of Commerce Sign – Green River
- Golden Hour Senior Center – Green River
- Historic Oil Derrick – Casper
- LED Star on I-90 – Gillette
- Main Street – Lovell
- Main Street and Water Tower – Cowely
- Main Street Chambers of Commerce Sign – Powell
- NewAge Construction, LLC – Cowley
- Sugar Factory – Lovell
Strengthen Our Impact
Photograph the landmarks, wear purple and share your photos.
Advocates are encouraged to wear purple on April 13th, World Sarcoidosis Day, and to share their photos on social media. If you live near a lighting partner, please take and share photos using #LitforSarc to increase the impact of this project.
Thank our lighting partners.
Download and share this image to share via your Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. Tag our lighting partners to thank them for shining a light on sarcoidosis!
We need your help! Sarcoidosis is a potentially deadly disease that continues to devastate thousands of people. Our donors are critical partners in the fight to find a cure. FSR is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Your contribution is tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Make a donation or start a fundraising page today.