WSLS 10 news anchor John Carlin has been fighting the symptoms of neurosarcoidosis since 2015. An avid cycler, Carlin has shared parts of his journey with sarcoidosis on his blog, Carlin the Cyclist and on FSR’s blog with his post Rough Roads: Cycling with Sarcoidosis in Summer of 2017. However, recent changes to his health- including his physical appearance as a result of prednisone- has prompted him to speak out on the air as well in an effort to help educate his viewers about his story and the disease in general. We’re so grateful to John Carlin for sharing his story so sarcoidosis patients can see themselves represented in the public eye, and to educate the general public about this disease. Watch the video below and read the full story on WSLS’s website here.
News Anchor Opens Up About Sarcoidosis On-Air
maggie on May 23, 2019
- Introducing the FSR Patient Speakers’ Bureau
- FSR-MNK Sarcoidosis Research Fellow Awarded for 2021-2023
- FSR Welcomes Three New Members to its Board of Directors
- FSR is Accepting Applications for Women of Color Committee
- COVID-19 Vaccine and Sarcoidosis: a survey of vaccination rate, tolerance and barriers