WSLS 10 news anchor John Carlin has been fighting the symptoms of neurosarcoidosis since 2015. An avid cycler, Carlin has shared parts of his journey with sarcoidosis on his blog, Carlin the Cyclist and on FSR’s blog with his post Rough Roads: Cycling with Sarcoidosis in Summer of 2017. However, recent changes to his health- including his physical appearance as a result of prednisone- has prompted him to speak out on the air as well in an effort to help educate his viewers about his story and the disease in general. We’re so grateful to John Carlin for sharing his story so sarcoidosis patients can see themselves represented in the public eye, and to educate the general public about this disease. Watch the video below and read the full story on WSLS’s website here.
News Anchor Opens Up About Sarcoidosis On-Air
May 23, 2019
- Take Our Quiz to Find Out Your Volunteer Style
- Clinical Trial Enrolling Now for New Possible Steroid-Reducing Therapy
- I Am One: Using My Voice to Bring Awareness to Sarcoidosis
- The Foundation for Sarcoidosis Research (FSR) awards $50,000 in support of cardiac sarcoidosis
- Blog: Addressing Healthcare Issues that Disproportionately Affect Black Americans