FSR has made the decision to transition our in-person Patient Education Summits to be Virtual Summits. This decision was made due to the ongoing challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic in order to be proactive about the health and comfort of our community. While we are saddened to be unable to host in-person events to connect our community, we’re thrilled with the tools available to make virtual gatherings a meaningful experience in these challenging times. Additionally, the transition of our Patient Education Summits to virtual events will further increase accessibility for those who would otherwise be unable to travel to attend an event in person.
FSR’s planned Patient Education Summits will be replaced with two day-long online education events. The final dates for these events will be announced shortly, but we expect one to take place in early September and a second in mid November, 2020. Here’s what we know so far:
- All content will be provided via a virtual conference (or Summit) platform. You’ll need access to a computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone with internet to access the content.
- No need to travel! Enjoy the Summit and interact with your fellow warriors from the comfort and safety of your own home.
- If you are registered but can’t make it, no problem! Summit content will be available to registered attendees for up to 90-days after the Summit ends.
- Can’t make it to all the sessions? No problem! Choose the session you’d like to see live (sessions will be pre-recorded, with live question and answer after) and see the rest for up to 90-days after Summit ends.
- Additional registration will be required. On our virtual platform, we need to know how many people to expect at each session. If you’re already registered, FSR will contact you as soon as the agenda is confirmed.
- Registration fees for our in-person event were $60/per person. Virtual Registration fees will be $40/per person. If you were already registered for an in-person summit, please email email@example.com to confirm your attendance.
What’s not Changing:
- The Agenda! Well, it may change a bit, but the overall content will remain the same. Because we had planned to host some sessions more than once, we are now able to host the session once, and those who can’t make it can watch it later. This will allow us to provide the full two day’s-worth of in-person Summit content in one virtual day.
- The Wellness Center. Just like at the in-person Summit, we’ll be hosting a variety of wellness activities and info sessions throughout the virtual event.
- Networking! That’s right, our virtual platform allows you to see other attendees, and chat with one another throughout the day. FSR will also have guided chats to help facilitate conversations between attendees.
- Registration Fee Waivers! That’s right, if you need a fee waiver, just apply for one. You can apply here.
- If you have previously applied, FSR will honor your fee waiver as planned!
- If you have previously applied during the COVID-19 pandemic and have not received confirmation, please don’t worry. We will be sending out confirmations as soon as our dates are confirmed. You will be able to choose the summit you’d like to apply it to.