We are thrilled to announce that applications are now being accepted for the 2019-2020 term of the FSR Patient Ambassador Program.
In its fourth year, we anticipate continued growth and impact as the team works together with FSR staff to bring more awareness, raise more funds, unite patients and physicians in our collective mission, and ultimately, inspire greater hope for a cure for sarcoidosis!
FSR is proud of the accomplishments of Patient Ambassadors have made to date including:
- Sharing their perspectives on navigating medical expenses, developing healthy lifestyles, and having hard conversations with family and friends via our blog.
- Advocated for bills that will permanently recognize April as Sarcoidosis Awareness Month, met with their local officials via in-district lobby days, attended senate press conferences, and helped organize a congressional briefing on Capitol Hill.
- Hosted walks in Michigan, Ohio, New York, Pennsylvania, and beyond!
- Started support groups in:
- Wrote their stories for the FSR blog, including one ambassador’s struggle with chronic pain, another’s choice to be grateful, Heidi’s 3 tips to beat stress while playing the waiting game, and Raul’s diagnosis story after responding to Ground Zero after the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
Meet our 2018-19 Patient Ambassadors
States in need of Ambassadors for which we will prioritize for outreach this term include:
- New Hampshire
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Dakota
- Puerto Rico
What is an FSR Patient Ambassador?
Feeling inspired and want to make a difference?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312-341-0500 to learn more or click the button below to review the full program description, expectations of Ambassadors, training details, application, FAQs, and more. Applications are due by December 12, 2018.